Here’s a little-known fact: it’s National Trivia Day! Let’s celebrate with some of our favorite facts from the @mental_floss Twitter account.
1. Jim Cummings is the voice of Winnie the Pooh. He calls sick kids in hospitals and chats with them in character.
2. In the mid-1960s, Slumber Party Barbie came with a book called “How to Lose Weight.” One of the tips was “Don’t eat.”
3. The Constitution does not require the Speaker of the House to be a member of the House. Yesterday Colin Powell got a vote.
4. The first webcam watched a coffee pot. It allowed researchers at Cambridge to monitor the coffee situation without leaving their desks.
5. When asked if he knew the speed of sound, Einstein said he “didn’t carry such information in my mind since it’s readily available in books.”
6. Marie Curie’s notebooks are still radioactive.
7. Hunger Games author Suzanne Collins also wrote for Clarissa Explains It All.
8. The last time a Republican was elected president without a Nixon or Bush on the ticket was 1928.
9. When three-letter airport codes became standard, airports that had been using two letters simply added an X.
Lots More: 45 Amazing Facts for National Trivia Day